Saturday, July 31, 2010

PPA 53 Monochromatic - Purple

I feel a little rusty - I haven't participated in a challenge in quite a while and this one was definitely a challenge!  I don't gravitate to purple so that was challenge # 1 and I wanted to step outside by normal style - challenge # 2.  If you look through my blog you'll start to see that I tend to lean towards nice clean crisp images and lines.  With this card I tried something a little different.  I used markers to color the stamp creating a distressed image.  I also tore the edges of the paper to make it look worn as well as adding a little crumb cake ink to the edges of all the layers.  The basic concept for that card was taken from one of the make & takes and the Stampin' Up Convention I attended a little over a week ago - it was great fun, look for more fun things to come from what I learned! 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed convention! How wonderful you got to go! This is very pretty - love the silhouette image! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love how you took the basic concept from the Convention card and made it your own! Great job! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete