Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stamping Royalty - Marker Challenge


Stamping Royalty is having a marker challenge this week.  I have slowly been collecting Stampin' Ups markers.  I love that they color coordinate - like all there products.  One of my favorite tools is the Color Spritzer Tool!  When I was a kid I remember using paint brushes and straws to create the same effect.  The tool is so easy to use and you get this great splatter effect.  I'm a big believer in keeping it simple; not only in my cards and crafts but in my home, closet, and cooking.  So with this challenge I kept it simple.  I used the Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive markers to create this card.  I colored the flower from the Hello Again stamp set (Sale-A-Bration set) and outlined it with Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink (it's hard to see in the photo).  I used the Spritzer tools to create the splatter effect, then added a couple brads and the striped grosgrain ribbon - it was quick and simple to create but I love the finished look.   

1 comment:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL! Clean and simple! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete