Friday, January 21, 2011

Annual Crafting Weekend!

(Mandy, Kathi, Carolyn - my mom, Me, Heather)
Last weekend was our 6th annual crafting weekend.  A tradition that started the in 2005 (the year of my wedding) when my best friend (Heather) and her mom (Kathi) traveled to Vancouver, WA to go shopping for a maid of honor dress and fun girl time.  Mother Nature had other plans - we became "stranded" due to freezing rain.  We were able to make it to Craft Warehouse a few blocks away for "supplies" and then hunkered down at my mom's house.  That weekend Heather and I learned to knit as we all watched a marathon of 24.  We had such a wonderful time we decided we needed to do it again - and the tradition was born.  The weekend has evolved over last six years.  It is usually a weekend of learning - we each bring a craft project to teach to the group.  We've learned so many different techniques for beading, stamping, sewing, and more!  This year there were two requests one from Kathi - a handmade ornament (one for everyone) and one from the two young moms of the group - a weekend of scrapbooking.  The weekend was fabulous as always!
 Our ornaments (minus one)
 "Where the Magic Happened"
My crafting buddy - Miss Hannah (Mandy's daughter)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. This looks like so much fun! You may have to invite me to the next one:)

    ReplyDelete